Flash Talk: EMV Skimming
EMV Skimming, the process of procuring financial account and data authentication information stored on Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) chips, has emerged as a popular technique for individuals to steal confidential credit card and banking account information. During this 10-minute session, Analyst Charles Dixon will detail how threat actors are able to skim these chip-based cards.
Analyst, Cyber | Americas
• Nomenclature and the Basics of EMV Skimming
• Understanding the EMV Chip
• Dynamic vs. Static Data Authentication
• Hardware and software needed to skim EMV cards
• Popular EMV Skimming Targets
• What is EMV Shimming?
• Video: EMV Shimming Demonstration
• EMV Reading and Writing Software on the Deep & Dark Web
*This Flash Talk was recorded and shared with Flashpoint customers on Wednesday, March 15, 2017.