On-Demand Webinar: WannaCry Ransomware
On May 15, Flashpoint VP of Intelligence Tom Hofmann hosted an online event to discuss the global “WannaCry” or “Wanacry” (“w-cry”) ransomware campaign that struck more than 74 countries and caused significant disruptions of business, technology, and even healthcare operations on May 12th, 2017.
Senior Malware Analyst Ronnie Tokazowski and Senior Analyst Paul Burbage discussed Flashpoint’s unique analysis in this one-hour round table that addressed:
- How the so-called “EternalBlue” exploit was leveraged in the attack
- How attackers utilized vectors for entry with a tool to exploit MS-017-010, and then deployed WannaCry ransomware to monetize their intrusion
- How the ransomware spread aggressively across the globe to target at least 40 organizations
- Trends in how worldwide organizations are managing the intrusion
- What organizations need to do to address this ransomware now, and prepare for potential future intrusions -- and why “patch shaming” slows the mitigation progress
*This Webinar was recorded on Monday, May 15, 2017.