Flash Talk: Malware-as-a-Service (MaaS)
Malware-as-a-Service (MaaS) is a distribution service in which a third-party provider hosts malware and makes it available to customers over the Internet. Malware that is being rented out can include ransomware, remote access tools, and mining malware. This segment provides an overview of MaaS, defines three types of MaaS, and shares observations found in the Deep & Dark Web.
Topics covered include:
• Overview of Malware-as-a-Service (MaaS)
• Defining three (3) types of MaaS, with examples for each
• Mining malware
• MaaS in the Deep & Dark Web, plus motivations for threat actors and purchasers
• MaaS overall impact on cyber trends
• General mitigation recommendations
*This Flash Talk was recorded and shared live with Flashpoint customers on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.